Lock enabling onboard lan (Attansic L1 GbE) on 7.1-PRERELEASE

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 11:22:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 11:36:54AM +0100, Barbara wrote:

[...]

 > I've tried all the thing you've suggested with
 > the same result.
 > I've disabled "LAN Option ROM", but it seems that I don't have
 > the other options you mentioned.
 > I've downloaded and burned the 7.1-RELEASE dvd
 > and tried to boot from it, but it hangs at the same point.
 > Finally I've tried
 > booting a CURRENT snapshot cd (8.0-CURRENT-200812) and I was able to properly
 > configure the device in sysinstall.
 > Any idea about the problem?

No, there is no source code differences between CURRENT and 7.1-RELEASE.

 > I've installed
 > from 7.0 and I have another NIC, but being now age in GENERIC, I hope it will
 > not cause troubles to other people installing for the first time.
 > Anyway thank
 > you for now, and ask me if there is something that I can do to fix the problem
 > like more tests, patches, etc.

Would try the following WIP version?
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/age/if_age.c
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/age/if_agereg.h
I have no longer access to L1 hardware so I don't know whether it
helps or not.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon