Samsung SCX-4200 printer

Alex Goncharov alex-goncharov at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 18:02:01 UTC 2009

,--- You/Harald (Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:11:27 +0100) ----*
| > Try to install the cupsys, cupsys-bsd, cupsomatic-ppd and foomatic-db
| > ports and take a look at this link:
|
| None of these exist in the FreeBSD port index (/usr/ports/INDEX-7)

So, you've now looked :-)

I've had good experience with foomatic use for most various printers
in the past and wanted to give you a pointer to that package, no
promises, since you didn't seem to be familiar it.

I didn't have the printing packages installed in the machine I sent
the original mail from, so could not check the correct package names
-- I can check what I have now:

$ pkg_info -L foomatic-db-20070124_1| grep -ic samsung
62

$ pkg_info -L foomatic-db-20070124_1| grep -ic scx
0

So, that printer is not yet in BSD foomatic-db.

| >    http://forums.linux-foundation.org/read.php?31,302,320,quote=1
|
| Refers only to Linux :-(

I know -- but I often used Linux-based advice as a clue for solving
printing problems on FreeBSD.

Sorry this didn't help you (and I am sure you saw this
http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-SCX-4200).

-- Alex -- alex-goncharov at comcast.net --