Pending MFC of drm updates

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Thu Jan 8 06:01:40 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 12:36:20PM -0500, Robert Noland wrote:

> I have a patch available for testing at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/drm-update-7-010609.patch.bz2

I tested your patch on 2 different machines:

1) the infamous "ThinkPad T43p" ;) running i386:

Sorry, but RELENG_7_1 with your drm-update still shows a garbled
screen. The same userland with a -CURRENT kernel works without problems.

2) dual-Opteron 285/amd64 with a Radeon X1600 (RV530)

Works, but no direct rendering yet. I guess this would eventually work
with a newer xorg?! If it helps somehow I could test again with
xorg-7.4.

Thanks again for your work!

Uwe