Adaptec AIC-9410

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 7 13:00:46 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:16:26PM -0600, Paul Taulborg wrote:

> Both of these have an Adaptec AIC-9410 SAS controller in them, that is
> apparently not detected (or supported?) by FreeBSD (amd64) (7.0 or 7.1
> RC1)

No verison of FreeBSD has support for the AIC-9410, and I am not aware
of any work to add support for it.

The AIC-9410 is not available as a standalone controller from Adaptec
any longer, so I doubt they have much interest in new driver support
for it.  (It's still used as a component on at least some RAID cards.)

Unfortunately, I suspect your only choices are a different SAS
controller or a different OS.

-Ed