FreeBSD6.2 to 7.1 Remote update

Christopher Arnold chris at arnold.se
Tue Jan 6 03:43:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, L1NYX01D at GOOGLEMAIL.COM wrote:

> ????????????, FreeBSD-stable.
>
> It's real?
> I have one server with hard to access physically.
>
> Can I update him to new release over ssh only?

Be carefull...

I did such an update some time ago and had some problems with ssh not
working. And then no access to the system...

I THINK that thoose problems would have been avioded if i would have
enabled telnet access to the system before doing the upgrade.

I have some notes somewhere that was supposed to become a blog entry, that
i never got around to writing.

I'll look into then and se what i can suggest to you, and please feel free
to mail me directly if you want some more information.

 	/Chris

--
http://www.arnold.se/chris/