X11 on Dell D830 with latest 7.1-PRERELEASE

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Mon Jan 5 03:35:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've got a Dell Latitude D830 running 7.1-PRERELEASE/amd64 which I've
just csup'd to the -STABLE as of 5-Jan-2009, and after going thru' the
std build+install; XOrg now comes up with a blank screen, sometimes
interspersed with green dots. I did test out X prior to doing an
installworld, and that came up with no problems. However, after doing
an installworld, X is now broken.

Prior to this update, the D830 was running -STABLE from Nov-2008;
which appeared to work fine. All ports are up to date.

I'd appreciate any help in resolving this problem.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>