ZFS root File System

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Fri Feb 27 12:10:20 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009, Dr. Aharon Friedman wrote:
> I have been trying to set up a zfs root file system on 7.1.  It requires
> the loader gptzfsboot, which is in -CURRENT.  I have tried to import it
> to 7.1.  Before I delve into it. Has somebody already done it?

As a general rule, I avoid using anything but a system's standard
file system for the root/boot file system(s), using the more
esoteric file systems for things mounted after boot.  While it
may feel nice to have nifty stuff, it can cause far more problems
that it's worth.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

...I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil.  I simply
suspect that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't need an
interpreter. -- Nick Petreley