Unhappy Xorg upgrade

Stephen Clark sclark46 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 19 04:22:28 PST 2009

Dan Allen wrote:
>> While this enabled the mouse (without HAL), it did nothing good about:
>>
>>    a. The bogus keyboard scans.
> Everyone is talking about an xorg.conf
> The new X.org 7.4 upgrade hit me too: no keyboard & no mouse!  Bummer.
> I found that if I simply added to /etc/rc.conf:
>   hald_enable="YES"
> that things now work for me.
> Previously I never have had hald in my rc.conf.
> Hope this helps.
> Dan

List,

After finally getting everything rebuilt (2.5 days) for this upgrade I am now
getting
in my Xorg.0.log:

(II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//vnc.so
dlopen: /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//vnc.so: Undefined symbol
"NumCurrentSelections"
(EE) Failed to load /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//vnc.so
(II) UnloadModule: "vnc"
(EE) Failed to load module "vnc" (loader failed, 7)

anyone know how to fix this? It was very convenient to be able to run
vncviewer without first having to ssh in and start vncserver by hand.

Thanks,
Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)