make installkernel broken

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Feb 7 13:15:08 PST 2009

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

Hi,

> I merged a change I had tested in my working but not a vanilla
> stable/7 tree.  This broke make installkernel.
>
> I am currently investigating if it's easily fixable w/o side effects
> or I'll back it out in a bit.
>
> If your sys/conf/kern.post.mk has r188288 (from 14:55:29 UTC) you are
> affected by this.
>

> I'll let you know once it is fixed.

With r188296 (21:07:58 UTC) things should be fine again.

In case you hit the problem you can use
 	make installkernel KMODOWN=root KMODGRP=wheel
as a workaround.

In case you experience any problems/side efffects from the fix, let me
know immediately.

Sorry for the breakage.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.