fun with if_re

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 17:30:43 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 06:37:53PM +0100, Henrik Friedrichsen wrote:
> Hey.
>
> I have had similar symptoms on a dedicated server with the re driver.
> What I did was grab more recent drivers (which might be redundant now)
> and disable a set of features that weren't stable at the time.

re(4) had several issues for PCIe based controllers on 7.0-RELEASE
and I believe most issues were resolved in HEAD/stable so I think
you can safely turn checksum offloading, VLAN hardware assistance
features. You can also enable TSO(default off) but I remember some
users reported issues for TSO, I didn't encounter TSO issues
though.
If you can still reproduce the issue please let me know.