don't know how to make /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/lib/libusbhid.a

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Thu Dec 31 16:47:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 05:40:01PM +0100, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> I think that this error might be related to my "special" src.conf.
> Maybe WITHOUT_USB is causing this - but - this shouldn't be - right?

src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/bthidcontrol/bthidcontrol.c on RELENG_7
specifically includes usbhid.h, which is used for USB HID definitions
and related stuff, so I'd say your guess is correct.

$ uname -r
7.2-STABLE
$ grep -n -i usb /usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/bthidcontrol/bthidcontrol.c
41:#include <usbhid.h>

Regarding the odd mismatch (first a missing library archive, then a
missing .h file): chances are your "old" /usr/obj may have contained the
usbhid.h file somewhere (e.g. a previous kernel or world was built there
*before* you added WITHOUT_USB=1 to src.conf), then later you added
WITHOUT_USB=1 to src.conf without nuking /usr/obj.