Jailed Service contact IMAPS

Paul Procacci pprocacci at datapipe.com
Wed Dec 30 00:26:37 UTC 2009

Being able to run those commands (telnet/openssl) via the jail implies
there is nothing wrong with the jail itself, but instead the
squirrelmail config.  Aside from double checking the squirrelmail config
which I would highly suggest, can you provide a packet capture of an
active squirrelmail session in which the squirrelmail application fails
to do what you intend it to do?  All that's necessary really is to
capture the initial SYN and the response to that SYN, provided the
machine your connected to provides one.  If you see the handshake
occuring then the problem is most likely elsewhere which may be
determined by increasing verbosity in the respective log files.

~Paul