7.2 to 8.0 serial not working

Wes Morgan morganw at chemikals.org
Tue Dec 29 12:28:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 09:27 PM 12/28/2009, Wes Morgan wrote:
>> I just upgraded from 7.2-stable to 8.0-stable, same kernel config (with
>> uart), same everything else and now I can't receive more than a few bytes
>> of data from my weather station before it just waits incessantly.
>> Everything worked before, with the same serial port settings, uart device
>> etc. Has anything else changed in the serial interface? I'm using the cuauX
>> devices at 2400 baud.
>

> For some low speed apps (1200bps in our case) I found I needed to set
>
> hint.uart.0.flags="0x00100"
>
>        ---Mike

Thanks for the suggestion. 0x100 doesn't seem to work, no data is being
seen at all. Using 0x800, I get a bit more data, and if I slow down how
fast I'm reading from the port I get a bit more (?????), but the final
pass only reads two bytes before hanging indefinitely, not honoring the
VMIN/VTIME parameters. It's almost like data is being thrown away, but the
actual number of bytes is very small so I don't see how that could be
happening.