Create socket files

Peter Fraser petros.fraser at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 01:34:10 UTC 2009

Hi All
I wonder if anyone could help me with this problem. I followed the
instructions in the handbook to create some jails. It makes part of
the filesystem readonly which is good. Problem is though that I tried
installing syslog-ng in one of the jails and when I tried to start it,
I got this error

> Error binding socket; addr='AF_UNIX(/var/run/log)', error='Permission
> denied (13)'
> Error initializing source driver; source='src', id='src#0'
> Error initializing message pipeline;
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng: WARNING: failed to start syslog_ng

I think it's trying to create the socket files  /var/run/log and
/var/run/logpriv but can't. Is there anyway for me to create them
manually?