Disc lock up on 8.0-STABLE

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Tue Dec 22 16:04:45 UTC 2009

> Same here!

I am wondering what happens if I disable the automatic run,
then wait until 3am and run by hand... possibly its something
to do with the data it is having to work on at 3am ?

> But the box has been running 8-STABLE since around end of August, and
> the first time it happened was about 10-14 days ago, after i upgraded
> world+kernel.

Ah, so theres a version of 8 before which it doesnt do it ? Now that
is interesting! I am running 8.-STABLE, but possibly if I go
back to 8.0-RELEASE then I might not see this ?

-pete.