SSL appears to be broken in 8-STABLE/RELEASE

H. Ingow hingow at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 19 13:13:47 UTC 2009

Sorry if my proposal won't fit in this case and thanks, Maxim for
clearing out what exactly
to be aware of to have applications run with openssl .0.9.8l

But for the sake of completeness /usr/ports/security/tor-devel is very
well capable of handling
re-negotiation.

see src/common/tortls.c   and grep for ALLOW_UNSAFE_LEGACY_RENEGOTIATION

you'll get
[......]
#ifdef SSL3_FLAGS_ALLOW_UNSAFE_LEGACY_RENEGOTIATION
  /* Yes, we know what we are doing here.  No, we do not treat a renegotiation
   * as authenticating any earlier-received data. */
 tls->ssl->s3->flags |= SSL3_FLAGS_ALLOW_UNSAFE_LEGACY_RENEGOTIATION;
#else
  (void)tls;
#endif

[.....]
and#ifdef SSL3_FLAGS_ALLOW_UNSAFE_LEGACY_RENEGOTIATION
    tls->ssl->s3->flags&=~SSL3_FLAGS_ALLOW_UNSAFE_LEGACY_RENEGOTIATION;
#else
    (void)tls;
    #endif
[.....]

So that' the second one . Hopefully more to come .

Sorry for the confusion I may have caused, but it was tempting to
believe it was easy dealing
with hat matter.