Passenger hangs on live and SEGV on tests possible threading / kernel bug?

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Thu Dec 17 17:41:49 UTC 2009

Steven Hartland wrote:

> I will look to do the same on for the hang issue but that's on a live
> site so
> will need to schedule some downtime before I can get those rebuilt and then
> wait for it to hang again, which could be quite some time :(

Actually, you can rebuild it *and* reinstall libc and libthr on a live
system, if it's the same version of course. Already running processes
will run off a "deleted" file (inode will still be there) and new
processes will, since it's the same version, not notice anything is
different.

The only downtime you will have is the time required to restart your
application.