freebsd / gpt boot

Adam Jacob Muller freebsd-stable at adam.gs
Mon Dec 14 00:23:49 UTC 2009

I'm assuming your referring to " FreeBSD 8 GPT install, how?" thread you originated?
While that thread covers generically installing on GPT, it does not cover this issue.

Also, even after adjusting a few things -- using gpart instead of gpt to make partitions and "gpart bootcode" instead of "gpt boot" which is the only difference between what these faqs suggest and what I was doing -- I am still encountering the same issue.

-Adam