freebsd / gpt boot

Adam Jacob Muller freebsd-stable at adam.gs
Sun Dec 13 23:00:41 UTC 2009

Hi Rolf,
I am using the "gpt boot" command right after calling "gpart create" which should combine the add/bootcode.

Things do look right from a "gpart show"

# gpart show
=>         34  19529727933  mfid0  GPT  (9.1T)
           34          128      1  freebsd-boot  (64K)
          162      1048576      2  freebsd-swap  (512M)
      1048738  19528679229      3  freebsd-ufs  (9.1T)

This does not work though,
> gpart set -a active -i 1 da0

# gpart set -a active -i 1 mfid0
gpart: attrib 'active': Device not configured

-Adam