atheros problem

Pete Carah pete at altadena.net
Thu Dec 10 18:30:54 UTC 2009

I found more - apparently 802.11a works (there are no 11a nodes at work,
but the box connects at home where I have a dual-band AP.)

So the problem I see is specific to g (and not auth mode since at work
we have all of open, wpa, wpa2, wep visible.)  wlandebug sheds no light
on the problem.  I still think it stems from the update to
ah_regdomain.c since all worked fine before that.  I'm not specifying a
default realm but when I specified US in ifconfig once it didn't help.

To reiterate: the problem is that ifconfig scan never returns (^c does
make it exit...) and never sees a AP at work where we have between 7 and
20 visible 7x24.  It is as if the 11g receiver is completely disabled.

To answer my improper second bug in the original note - I worked around
with debug.acpi.disable="ec" and got rid of the panic.  Doesn't help
with the real issue, of course, but at least I can use the laptop.

-- Pete