PCengines ALIX boot0sio serial input failes

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Thu Dec 10 09:10:25 UTC 2009

Am 09.12.2009 um 17:13 schrieb Daniel Braniss:

> [B]ooting off the CF (using boot0sio), the input 'screwy'
> at the selection of partition it is ignored, at the OK: prompt
> from the boot (i had no kernel in the slice), the input is usually
> doubled:
> 	sshooww instead of show
> which is probably similar to what is happening with boot0sio but it
> only echoes # (the current bell).

I've seen this happening when the BIOS also tries to talk to the
serial port at the same time. Try changing the BIOS to stop doing
console redirection once it starts booting, or replace boot0sio with
boot0, and change boot(8) and loader(8) to only use the serial or BIOS
console, but not both.

Since I don't dual-boot anymore, I've replaced boot0 with a standard
MBR, and start off with boot(8) on all machines.

HTH,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811