8-STABLE broken on amd64

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Sun Dec 6 17:05:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

Jeremy Chadwick writes:

> On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 04:52:57PM +0100, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
>> Compiling without any optimization (removing -O2) makes the error
>> go away by the way....
>>
>> Then the asm part gets to:
>>
>> #APP
>>         movl %edx,-8(%rbp)
>
> Does this happen if you remove ccache from the picture, and/or remove
> /usr/obj/* prior to building?

As said in my intial posting, using base cc causes the same error.
Except when I remove -O2 - then both, ccache and base-cc works. And since
the error is in the generated asm code I'm not sure how anything in
/usr/obj would affect this.... It seems to be just gcc's optimizer which
creates invalid ASM code here... for whatever reason.