Areca Disk Adapter Question

Jeff Blank jb000003 at mr-happy.com
Sun Dec 6 02:02:34 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 07:43:35PM -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:
> To those who might have more experience with these boards than I do - is
> there a way to have them re-read the bus and export anything new (or
> remove anything  "not new") from the driver configuration?

If you're talking about getting the card to find disks that were
hot-attached or if you're referring to a non-RAID controller card, I'm
not sure.  If you're talking about creating RAID sets and such, I
believe that areca-cli (ports/sysutils/areca-cli) will push changes
from its rsf and vsf commands up to FreeBSD.  you'd probably need to
do a 'camcontrol rescan all' after making changes through the CLI
utility.

Jeff