experiences with Supermicro Twin servers? (6016TT / 6026TT / 6015TW)

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Thu Apr 30 13:10:06 UTC 2009

Hi all,
are there somebody with some experiences (bad or good) with Supermicro
Twin servers? Mainly with 2U model 6026TT-TF or 1U model 6016TT-TF build
on top of Intel 5520 Tylersburg (or any other?)

We would like to buy some Twin servers, but I do not have chance to test
it before.
Are there any know problems with Twin servers generally, or are there
any issus with FreeBSD 7.x with used CPU / chipsets / NICs?

Any advices will be welcomed.

Miroslav Lachman