poweredge 1850 won't boot 7.1? maybe LSI-related : amr0: adapter is busy

Jeroen Hofstee freebsd.stable at virtualhost.nl
Fri Apr 17 23:04:28 UTC 2009

I did the following to verify:

1) Installed 7.2-RC2 on the Perc 4e/Si H430 machine (RAID1), this went fine.
2) Turned off, and placed one drive in the machine with Perc 4e/Si H435,
boot went fine and no long delays after amr0....

So the problem as I encountered with 7.1-RELEASE-p4 is not present in
7.2-RC2.

There are some messages about GEOM_LABEL and GEOM_LABEL: Label .... removed,
which I haven't seen before. If they are of any interest let me know.

Regards,
Jeroen

p.s. I copied the subject from the original thread. I haven't attempt to
install 7.1-RELEASE myself. If it is of any additional value, I can try to
install the 7.1- RELEASE directly to verify if it fails.