[FreeBSD] Fix for ServerWorks HT1000 in upcoming 7.1?

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 30 22:56:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 06:34:04PM -0300, Fernan Aguero wrote:
> I have a server (Dell PowerEdge SC1435, ServerWorks HT1000) on which
> I'd like to try installing FreeBSD. I've already failed to make 7.0
> work on this box and was wondering if you have information about the
> behavior of the upcoming 7.1 on this hardware.

Why don't you try a 7.1-PRERELEASE ISO and see if it works for you?

ftp://ftp4.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/200809/

> I've been following the "HT1000 chipset errata saga" thread, and the
> commits by sos@ to CVS (around Jan 2008), but have not seen other more
> recent posts about this issue ... is it because it's already fixed and
> working fine for everyone?
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-December/081429.html
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2008-March/084272.html

Wow; the 2nd URL there is major/huge.  I feel sorry for anyone having to
deal with this problem.  I'll update my Wiki page to reflect this data;
thanks for bringing it (indirectly) to my attention.