Request for testing - top 3.8b1 in the base system

Edwin Groothuis edwin at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 29 06:31:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:20:00PM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Edwin Groothuis <edwin at freebsd.org> [080927 23:04] wrote:
> > I have made an update for the top(1) utility in the FreeBSD base
> > system to get it from the 3.5b12 version to the 3.8b1 version.
>
> Hey Edwin, any chance you have the time to add to top(1) a flag
> that will restrict top(1) to only view a certain pid or list
> of pids?  This would be really helpful in the threaded view
> to watch a single process.

The out-of-the-box option I can give you is to use the "c" command
and to type the name of the command  to filter that one out. And
then press H. But it's not possible from the commandline yet.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |              Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/