UNEXPECTED SOFT UPDATE INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY

Derek Kuliński takeda at takeda.tk
Sat Sep 27 04:35:04 UTC 2008

Hello Jeremy,

Sunday, September 21, 2008, 3:07:20 PM, you wrote:

> Consider using background_fsck="no" in /etc/rc.conf if you prefer the
> old behaviour.  Otherwise, boot single-user then do the fsck.

Actually what's the advantage of having fsck run in background if it
isn't capable of fixing things?
Isn't it more dangerous to be it like that? i.e. administrator might
not notice the problem; also filesystem could break even further...

--
Best regards,
 Derek                            mailto:takeda at takeda.tk

I tried to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.