Rare problems in upgrade process (corrupted FS?)

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 26 11:54:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 01:23:12PM +0200, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
>> I would do the following:
>>
>> rm -fr /usr/src/*
>> rm -fr /var/db/sup/src-all
>> csup -h <cvsupserver> -L 2 -g /usr/share/examples/stable-supfile
>
> I've done it. But the results are, at least, curious...
>
> # csup -h cvsup.de.FreeBSD.org -L 2 -g
> /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
> Parsing supfile "/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup.de.FreeBSD.org
> Connected to 212.19.57.134
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> Running
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
> Shutting down connection to server
> Finished successfully
>
> # cd /usr/src ; ls -la
> total 0

What's df -k have to say about this?  This is truly bizarre.

Can you truss the csup process?  Something like this should work:

truss -o truss.out -s 256 csup {...flags from above...}

Then put truss.out up somewhere where we can get to it?