regarding 1 Gig Chelsio SFP support

Sean Bruno sbruno at miralink.com
Thu Sep 25 21:15:13 UTC 2008

Satendra Pratap wrote:
> Reposting on stable mailing list(FreeBSD 6.X):
>
>  We have chelsio T304 1 Gig card which supports Fiber SFP. I have already
>  asked from chelsio guys for its Driver support on FreeBSD and still
>  waiting for reply. Just wondering if anybody could let me know about
>  T304's Driver support on FreeBSD 6.x .
>
>  One more question, because we use third party SFPs (finsar, picolight
>  etc) so do we need to download SFP's drivers also or NIC (Ethernet MAC) vendor's
>  device driver should already have that support?
>
> Thanks,
> Satendra

If it's supported, it's been supported by 6.x since 6.3 according to the
cxgb(4)
man page.  I couldn't cross-reference "T304" on the chelsio web site,
but perhaps
it's based on the T3 chipset and will "just work" :)

Follow the instructions in the man page with a BSD 6.3 machine to see if
it works.

If it doesn't, please repost the output of lspci -v here so we can see
if it's a card
that should work, but doesn't.

--
Sean Bruno