proposed change to support policy for FreeBSD Releases

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Sep 24 00:01:49 UTC 2008

On Sep 23, 2008, at 4:45 PM, Colin Percival wrote:
> jonathan michaels wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 01:37:03PM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
>>> Some quite lively offline discussion has come to conclusion with
>>> the  following suggestions to change the support policy.
>>> Obviously, this  is what we feel would be a good idea, but it's
>>> obviously open to  discussion and there's nobody demanding
>>> anything here.  It just seems  "better".
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, but it might have helped to avoid
> confusion
> if you had contacted the FreeBSD security team privately before
> announcing
> your ideas here...

I'm sorry, I'm confused.  This spawned from an ongoing conversation on
this list.  Rather than have the dialog spin around, I figured it
would be better to post a specific example of what I thought.

> No it hasn't.  The FreeBSD Security team hasn't agreed to anything
> yet.

Yes, absolutely to that.  As posted this is my own idea, adjusted some
based on input from various others, none of whom are on the freebsd
security team.  I'd love to hear what the freebsd security team thinks.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness