FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE panic rw_rlock (udpinp)

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux-list at uol.com.br
Sun Sep 21 11:16:57 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 11:48:19AM +0100, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I've been running FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE from August 1 without problems.
> >
> >   I tried updating to the latest -STABLE but I got a system panic.
> >
> > ----
> > panic: _rw_rlock (udpinp): wlock already held @ /usr/src/sys/netinet/udp_usrreq.c
> > ----
> >
> > FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #18: Sat Sep 20 23:38:22 BRT 2008
> >
> > 	Regards,
> > 		Mario Ferreira
> >
> > ----
> >
> > - Kernel configuration
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/panic/2008092100/KERNCONF
> >
> > - syslog output
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/panic/2008092100/all.log
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/panic/2008092100/messages
> >
> > - dmesg.boot
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/panic/2008092100/dmesg.boot
> >
> > - kldstat
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/panic/2008092100/kldstat.txt
> >
> > - /boot/loader.conf
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/panic/2008092100/loader.conf
> >
> > - 'pciconf -lv'
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/panic/2008092100/pciconf.txt
> >
> > - 'sysctl -a'
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/panic/2008092100/sysctl.txt
> >
> > - /etc/sysctl.conf
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/panic/2008092100/sysctl.conf
> >

> - gdb backtrace?

	I had a hard lock there. I got the system panic but it
locked instead of dumping core. I had to remove the power cord to
reboot it.

	I do not have much experience with kernel traces. How do I
force a backtrace? Any unattended ddb scripts?

  Regards,
    Mario Ferreira

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature