Freebsd custom installation cd

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 20 22:53:16 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 01:20:51AM +0300, yusuf özbilgin wrote:
> Hello, I created custom freebsd installation cd with custom kernel.
> When I boot system with custom cd; kernel detects Intel ICH9 sata300
> controller but end of the bootingit doesnt detect my sata disk.

When you say "it doesn't detect my SATA disk", what do you mean?

Does the system lock up after saying "Mounting root from..."?  Please
let me know -- it's very important.

> Mainboard is intel and chipset is i965. There is no problem when I use
> this custom cd with gigabyte p35 chipset mainboard with same sata disk
> When I use the freebsd live cd
>
> it detects atapci0 Marvell 88SX6101
> and atapci1 Intel Ahci Controller
>
> then it detects disk without problem.
>
> My kernel conf file is below.

No one can read your kernel configuration because what you posted lacks
newlines.

Additionally, you said you're using a "custom FreeBSD installation CD",
which may be part of the problem as well (since you admit the Live CD
works fine).