Upcoming Releases Schedule...

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Thu Sep 18 21:41:36 UTC 2008

On Sep 18, 2008, at 1:20 PM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> I've kind of lost the drift, but it sounds to me as though Jo Rhett is
> tentatively offering to take on extended support for 6.2, but not
> earlier versions.  Aside from programming skills, what would Jo need
> to bring to the table in order to provide that back to the project?
> Is that a reasonable statement of what's on discussion here?
>
> [Sorry for putting words into people's mouths, but I need a more
> concrete discussion in order to be sure I know what anybody actually
> means.]

Thank you.  If you don't mind I'd prefer to widen the scope a touch
because 6.2 will eventually go away, and frankly it is probably better
to look forward than to resurrect an unsupported version.  So I would
probably state:

Jo's $EMPLOYER has significant interest in longer support for -REL
versions.  Enough to fund my time supporting the mainstream project.
What would Jo (or anyone else in a similar situation) need to bring to
the table in order to provide back to the project?

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness