Keyspan USB serial adapter

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Tue Sep 16 21:33:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm on the market for a USB serial adapter.  The Keyspan USA-19HS gets a
lot of good reviews for its performance, but I've noticed previous Keyspan
models have a history of not supporting FreeBSD due to firmware issues.
The 19HS is listed in /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs with nothing noted about
firmware (as opposed to the older 19WQ).  Can I assume that the firmware
problems of the past aren't relevant to the current 19HS?

Can anyone confirm if a USA-19HS works on FreeBSD 7-STABLE right now?

Thanks,
Aragon