recent MFC of soreceive_dgram breaks kernels without INET6 option

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 16 19:57:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Josh Carroll wrote:

> I just csup'd this morning and now I cannot build a kernel that does not
> include INET6. I can send my KERNCONF, but it is sufficient to create a
> kernel config with:
>
> include GENERIC nooption INET6
>
> Here's the error during kernel compilation of a kernel config without
> "options INET6" in the kernel config:
>
> /usr/src/sys/netinet/udp_usrreq.c: In function 'udp_inpcb_init':
> /usr/src/sys/netinet/udp_usrreq.c:170: error: 'udp6_usrreqs'
> undeclared (first use in this function)
> /usr/src/sys/netinet/udp_usrreq.c:170: error: (Each undeclared
> identifier is reported only once
> /usr/src/sys/netinet/udp_usrreq.c:170: error: for each function it appears in.)
>
> It looks like the MFC for the new soreceive_dgram stuff is the culprit.
>
> Can this can be fixed to not require IPv6? I have no desire to include it in
> my kernel, but if that will be the requirement going forward, perhaps a note
> in UPDATING is in order?

This was an oversight on my part -- none of our LINT build targets
(apparently) excludes INET6.  It's fixed easily with an ifdef, and I've
received re@ approval to merge the fix, so it's in the tree as of about an
hour or two ago.  If you experience continuing problems after a cvsup, please
let me know.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge