installkernel and nvram.ko on RELENG_6 broken?

Dan Mack mack at macktronics.com
Thu Sep 11 20:06:57 UTC 2008

I have a custom kernel without nvram defined anywhere, however, make
installkernel still attempts to install the module.  About 45 days
ago, I didn't have this issue.  I didn't see anything about this in
UPDATING so I thought I would check here.  This system is currently
running stable from 45 days ago built from source.  I cvsuped 4 hours
ago.

# make installkernel KERNCONF=SMP-COCO

===> nullfs (install)
install -o root -g wheel -m 555   nullfs.ko /boot/kernel
===> nve (install)
install -o root -g wheel -m 555   if_nve.ko /boot/kernel
===> nvram (install)
install -o root -g wheel -m 555   nvram.ko /boot/kernel
install: nvram.ko: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/nvram.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.