Fwd: FreeBSD 7.1 Content

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sat Sep 6 05:15:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> [...]

Agreed; also that it's much better than lynx, which as I recall used to
be installed by older versions, up to 4.X at least .. the installed MOTD
even used to advise how to use it with provided handbook and faq URLs.

I just booted off the 7.0 disc1 to check, and /usr/local/bin/links is
still the default browser in Options, available during installation from
another vty.  So I was a bit surprised, on rebooting into my so far not
much configured 7.0, to find that it hadn't actually been installed.

It's a pretty small package, useful enough to at least read local docs,
and would be handy installed from disc1 .. and maybe even by bootonly?

cheers, Ian