3Ware 9000 series hangs under load

Philip Murray pmurray at nevada.net.nz
Wed Oct 29 18:14:23 PDT 2008

On 30/10/2008, at 5:07 AM, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've problems with my 3ware controller. Havingg heavy I/O load (e.g.
> running 40 port builds the day over with tinderbox which involves
> un-taring a whole FreeBSD tree 40 times), my system hangs with the
> well
> known
>
> swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: bufobj: 0, blkno: 2, size: 4096
> swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: bufobj: 0, blkno: 2, size: 4096

I used to get this (FreeBSD 6.1 days) all the time, the controller
would just lock up almost on a daily basis (and have to wait for the
fsck 4 out of 24 hours in the day).

Anyway, I stopped running 3dmd (or 3dm2 I think it's called now) to
monitor it, and the crashes went away. It's had hundreds of days
uptime since.

I've never been game enough to try newer versions of 3dm, but a
cronjob of tw_cli allows me to monitor it now without the lockups.

Might not be your problem, but it's worth a shot if all else fails.