no cable, but "DMA limited to UDMA33, controller found non-ATA66 cable"

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Tue Oct 21 11:44:33 PDT 2008

I am trying out BEAT2 on a machine here, installing onto a compact
flash card, but when I boot I get the error above. This is slightly
puzzling as the CF card is in an adapter which plugs directly into
the motherboard.

If I move the card to dangling off the end of a cable, the warning
goes away and the card operated at UDMA66 properly. Is this a bug,
or something unavoidable ? Is there a way to turn the test off if
the latter - with the card connected directly to the motheroard it
should be cabale of doing UDMA66 as well as on a cable surely ?

Slightly puzzling,

-pete.