constant zfs data corruption

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Oct 17 12:40:27 PDT 2008

On Oct 17, 2008, at 11:30 AM, JoaoBR wrote:
> constantly I find data corruption on ZFS volums, ever from rrdtool,
> this
> corrupt data happens on SATA disks, never seem on SCSI

Presumably your SATA drives are correctly being reported by ZFS as
corrupting data, and you should do something like replace cables, the
drives themselves, perhaps try downgrading to SATA-150 rather than
-300 if you are using the later.  Also consider running a drive
diagnostic utility from the mfgr (or smartmontools) and doing an
extended self-test or destructive write surface check.

Regards,
--
-Chuck