"mount -u -o ro" problems with 7-stable

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Oct 17 06:29:31 PDT 2008

Kostik Belousov wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > This happened to me repeatedly (but not always), even
 > > after updating to the latest RELENG_7 yesterday ...
 > >
 > > 1. Boot into single user mode
 > > 2. fsck /    # finishes successful!
 > > 3. mount -u /
 > > 4. Do a few edits to files in /etc
 > > 5. mount -u -o ro /
 > > softdep_waitidle: Failed to flush worklist for 0xc1f36b30
 > > mount: /dev/ad0s1a : Device busy
 >
 > This is believed to be fixed for HEAD. I do not want to do MFC
 > before 7.1.

OK, that's good news.  Thanks for the information.
So I'll watch the commit messages for the MFC after 7.1.

Best regards
   Oliver

"People still program in C.  People keep writing shell scripts.  *Most*
people don't realize the shortcomings of the tools they are using because
they a) don't reflect on their workflows and they are b) too lazy to check
out alternatives to realize there is help." -- Simon 'corecode' Schubert