Status of Flash 9 on stable

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Oct 14 15:41:02 PDT 2008

> From: Tijl Coosemans <tijl at ulyssis.org>
> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:28:58 +0200
>
> On Tuesday 14 October 2008 20:30:47 Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > I have seen some messages that imply that flashplugin9 might be usable
> > on STABLE. The port is sill marked IGNORE, though:
> > ** Port marked as IGNORE: www/linux-flashplugin9:
> > 	Unstable, no sound, generally unusable state
> >
> > I also thought that there might be a solution to the sound issue.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm the status? I would be happy to delete the IGNORE
> > line if I thought it would work and I know what changes might be needed
> > to get it to work. Even without sound, it would probably be useful. Too
> > many sites are using Flash 9 for the entry page and there is no way to
> > get to the site at all with Flash 7.
>
> Patches have been committed to CURRENT and should have been MFC'ed last
> weekend, but haven't for some reason.
>
> The port has a PR waiting for maintainer feedback:
>
> The relevant thread on emulation@ is:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2008-September/005311.html

Tijl (and Paul).

Thanks!

I saw the entry for the fix in the 7.1 release notes, so assumed that it
had been MFC'ed. I'll watch svn-src (or whatever cvs-src turned into)
for the commit(s).

I never have read emulation, so I need to go read the discussion.

Thanks again!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)