Status of Flash 9 on stable

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Oct 14 11:30:50 PDT 2008

I have seen some messages that imply that flashplugin9 might be usable
on STABLE. The port is sill marked IGNORE, though:
** Port marked as IGNORE: www/linux-flashplugin9:
	Unstable, no sound, generally unusable state

I also thought that there might be a solution to the sound issue.

Can anyone confirm the status? I would be happy to delete the IGNORE
line if I thought it would work and I know what changes might be needed
to get it to work. Even without sound, it would probably be useful. Too
many sites are using Flash 9 for the entry page and there is no way to
get to the site at all with Flash 7.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)