'at now' not working as expected

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Sat Oct 4 12:04:13 UTC 2008

Jeff Richards wrote:
> When I try to schedule something immediately with an 'at now' command it appears to queue up but can wait multiple minutes before actually executing.
>
> Is there something I have missed with FreeBSD's version of at?  I've used 'at now' with AIX, Linux, and OpenBSD and it immediately executes for those systems.
>
> I am running FreeBSD 7.0 stable.

atrun is launched from crontab with a 5 minute granularity. So I think
that at now can launch command with at most a 5 minutes delay.

If this is a problem you can make atrun be launched every minute
reconfiguring the crontab and you will wait at mosta one minute.

This is explained in the at(1) man page.

I don't know about other systems at setup.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>