Buildworld Fails RELENG_7

Dave Uhring duhring at charter.net
Mon May 19 17:45:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:06:19AM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 12:03:34PM -0500, Dave Uhring wrote:
> >
> > [duhring at maxwell /etc]$ grep -v ^# make.conf
> > CPUTYPE?=athlon64
> > CFLAGS= -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -m32
> > CXXFLAGS+= -fconserve-space
> > MAKE_SHELL?=sh
> > COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe
> > INSTALL=install -C
> > MTREE_FOLLOWS_SYMLINKS= -L
> > ENABLE_SUID_SSH=
> > NO_SENDMAIL=
> > NO_PROFILE=
> > DOC_LANG=	en_US.ISO8859-1
>
> Can you please comment out all of the above and see if the problem
> persists?

Sure, but that is not going to put the correct headers where the sources are
looking for them.  Nor is it going to put groff headers into a directory where
the #include "driver.h" is declared within a source file and the directory
contains *no* headers.

In particular, /usr/src/contrib/groff/src/libs/libdriver has no header files at
all, yet input.cpp in that directory has these declarations:

#include "driver.h"
#include "device.h"

> > Start with a clean RELEASE userland and try to build RELENG_7 today :)
>
> Give me a few hours (installing VMware + 7.0-RELEASE + csup).  My money
> is on that I won't be able to reproduce the problem.

VMware?  Give me a break!