ubench on v6 a v7

Karel Rous admin at gyrec.cz
Mon May 19 07:14:34 UTC 2008

    My home computer (no internet access, cannot share results :-) is
single processor Athlon 64 on 2250 Mhz/512 KB L2. Visually I have seen
that on stable it doesn't behave as speedily as on FreeBSD number 6. I
have checked utility in subject (which is probably not the best
alternative) and it shows me on memory test half of the speed that was
in v6 while using default MALLOC_OPTIONS at each version. There could be
certain speed up changing it but IMHO there can not be any we to make it
as fast as in previous version. Is there anyone who could make a logical
explanation? (I think it has something to do with new malloc
optimization for multi processor systems but I might compiled also libc
on FreeBSD 7 with wrong options). Even using simple compat6x libc (with
libmap.conf) helps to speed up things there.
    All those measurement are my just my non generalized opinion and I
hope I am wrong :-)

Karel