samba build failure on 6-STABLE

Greg Byshenk freebsd at byshenk.net
Sat May 3 17:23:06 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 11:42:14AM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:
> On 1 May 2008, at 15:39, Michael Proto wrote:
> >Greg Byshenk wrote:

> >>[...] Basically my problem is that the current Samba3 (samba-3.0.28,1)
> >>won't build on a recent 6-STABLE system (I noticed it with sources
> >>csup'd 24 April, and it continues with sources csup'd today, 1 May).
> >>The strange thing is that this is a version of samba that has
> >>previously built successfully,  on the machine and with the
> >>configuration that is now failing.  (I was  attempting
> >>to rebuild because I saw some strange library errors.)  This at least
> >>suggests to me that the problem is _not_ due to something changing
> >>with Samba, but to some other change that is being reflected in the
> >>Samba build.  [...]

> >I can confirm this on a 6-STABLE system last SUPed (kernel and world
> >rebuilt) to 20080428 11:23 EDT. samba-3.0.28,1 built fine on this box
> >when it was 6.3-RELEASE, and now fails in exactly the same place when
> >trying to rebuild on 6-STABLE.

> The attached patch should fix the problem.

It appears that it does.

I've applied the patch on a test machine, and Samba now builds successfully.
I've also done a reinstall of Samba, and the rebuild version appears to be
working properly (though I have not yet done any extensive testing).

Thanks,
-greg

--
greg byshenk  -  gbyshenk at byshenk.net  -  Leiden, NL