FreeBSD freezing at random

Mikkel Skærris trinitor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 01:04:29 PDT 2008

My system is a IBM T40 laptop, and i has been running FreeBSD for more
than two years without ANY problems at all. But a couple of days ago
my 7.0 intallation began freezing at random, without any log messages
or anything. Same thing happens on a fresh installation of 6.3. Often
the screen flickers, and blacks out, as if the screen conection was
loose or something, but it isnt. And I cant seem to pinpoint the
problem, to any certain area. Though the windows installtion (dual
boot) works completely fine.

Any suggestions welcome?

Regards
Skaerris