compile error while building kernel

Rance Hall ranceh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:50:55 PDT 2008

On a test box I upgraded from 7.0-RELEASE to -STABLE

buildworld works fine, but buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC fails with two
fatal errors.

/usr/src/sys/i386/i386/locore.s:905:5: error: "KERNLOAD" is not defined
/usr/src/sys/i386/i386/locore.s:905:22: error: "PDRSHIFT" is not defined

I can't find any reference to this either in the list archives or in UPDATING.

im running an amd athlon64 processor but the i386 code.

my march is athlon-mp  (the system translates my athlon64
automatically to this in i386 mode)

I will be happy to provide other details like make.conf if needed.

I just cant find any docs about what these to vars are supposed to
be/do so I could just set the values to something myself.

hints appreciated.

last cvsup yesterday 3/25